DiY Pine Cone Garland

10.10.2011

Hi everyone! It’s Stephanie from stephlovesben back with a cute autumn DiY! I just love autumn, but since I live in Florida, I kind of have to bring autumn to myself (although it was only in the lower eighties this weekend). One way I decided to do this was to create a pine cone garland for my mantle. I hope you like it as much as I do!

Here’s what you will need: pine cones, spray paint in colors of your choice, and twine or some other string.

Here’s what to do:
1. Spray paint the pine cones in the colors you chose. I did mine in yellow and white and then left some natural (you could also do Christmas colors for a Christmas garland). You will need to do several layers of paint depending on the coverage you want. I did about 5 coats.

2. After your pine cones are completely dry, just tie them onto your twine and you are done! You have a cute and easy autumn garland!

photos © stephlovesben

PS: The white owl vase in the picture is from the cute etsy shop fruit fly pie and the mustard felt flowers are from my own shop.

Happy Cactus Designs (October 10, 2011 at 8:33 AM)

Such an easy and fun DIY. Love this idea and will be trying it out at a party I'm hosting soon!

Sarah (October 19, 2011 at 7:59 AM)

ok, this is genius. I definitely added to my pinterest.

- Sarah

Amy @ The Happy Tulip (October 20, 2011 at 8:59 PM)

I've seen other pine cone garlands, but none of them were painted. I love the added color! Very nice.

Rachel (November 7, 2011 at 3:35 PM)

I can't wait to make one of these for my porch. I love it! I would also LOVE to link to your tute if you didn't mind!

JoAnna of re-U creating new spaces (November 8, 2012 at 6:06 AM)

This is so super cute! I found it on pinterest and I'm linking to it in a "Simple Fall Decor" post going out tomorrow. www.apeacefulhome.net
Cheers!
JoAnna

Melissa Dunlap (November 13, 2012 at 9:58 AM)

Love this! How did you tie the pinecones to the twine? Did you use a smaller string to tie them to one line or did you tie them directly on the one piece of twine?

Angie –  (November 20, 2012 at 10:22 AM)

I think I will do red & silver for Christmas! How did you tie them?

CAKE. (November 21, 2012 at 8:07 AM)

you can tie the twine gently around one of the spikes of the pinecone, or use a dot of hot glue.