Hi everyone- this is Paige of Paiges of Style. I created this photo envelope liner for my daughter's first birthday and I'm so excited to share the tutorial with you here!
-Double Sided Tape
-Envelopes (I always use the A7 envelopes from Paper Source)
-Photo cropped and resized to be 6.5 inches wide x 6 inches tall and printed on white cardstock (can be cropped with free photo editing software such as Picasa. I use Photoshop.)
1. First, we need to create our envelope liner template. Place envelope on sheet of white cardstock.
2. Using a pencil, trace outline of envelope onto cardstock...
3. Now we need to trim down our template so that it can slide into the opening of the envelope, I measured in 3/8 of an inch from each side using a ruler and then cut out the liner.
4. Make sure that the template fits inside the envelope properly before we move onto the photo...
Note: If you want to skip these first 4 steps, Paper Source sells pre-made templates for all of the envelopes, available here.
5. Making sure to line up the edges, trace the template onto your printed photo...
6. Cut out the photo liner.
7. Place the photo into your envelope and line up the top point just below the glue line of the envelope.
8. Hold the liner in place and fold the flap down to create a crease in the liner.
9. Apply two pieces of double sided tape to the back of the photo and press onto flap to secure the liner in place...
That's it! Once you get the template made, the process is pretty fast. Plus, your friends and family will love it so much, I promise the effort will be worth it.
PS: This entire invitation suite is now available in Paige's Etsy shop.