Hi! It’s Michele from Cakewalk Baking and I’m back to share a favorite summer recipe with you – ice cream sandwiches. Did you know that July is National Ice Cream month? I’m not sure how these are determined, but I’m all for celebrating one of my favorite foods!
I love these cookies because they stay moist and soft even after being frozen. There’s nothing worse than biting into an ice cream sandwich and having all the ice cream squish out the other side. Once your cookies have cooled, simply top one cookie with a scoop of slightly softened ice cream and sandwich with another cookie. Freeze until firm and enjoy!
Editor's Note: the ice cream recipe and more are coming in August... stay tuned.
Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies
6 oz bittersweet chocolate
6 oz (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
10 oz (2 ¼ c) all purpose flour
1 oz (¼ c) cocoa powder
1 ½ tsp baking soda
9 oz whole milk
· Melt the chocolate over simmering water or in the microwave
· Cream together the butter and sugar until pale & fluffy
· Scrape down and add the egg
· Sift together the dry ingredients
· Add the melted chocolate to the butter mixture
· Alternate adding the dry ingredients and milk, ending with dry
· Add the batter to a pastry bag fitted with a large round tip
· Pipe out 2” circles onto a parchment lined baking sheet
· Bake for approximately 12 minutes at 350