paper monday: pretty wrapping paper picks

11.08.2010

I'm contemplating inviting some friends over for a gift wrapping get-together a few weeks before the holidays. This necessitates buying a large variety of luxurious wrapping papers and ribbons, so at the moment it's sounding like the best idea ever. When I splurge on paper, I try to be on the lookout for colors and patterns that can be re-purposed for multiple occasions. I'm trending towards blues, greens and yellows this season, so I've picked out these three pairings as my top contenders. They each have their own personality, which makes it so very hard to choose... I just may have to buy them all.

{images via: 1. whimsy press 2+3. purl soho 4. paper source }

Charissa (November 8, 2010 at 3:53 PM)

"This necessitates buying a large variety of luxurious wrapping papers and ribbons, so at the moment it's sounding like the best idea ever." Ha! Yes, this would be a selfless way to indulge your beautiful gift wrap urge! Have you seen the wrap by Egg Press? I really love it and I'm remembering some blue and yellow in their collection.

{ L } (November 8, 2010 at 4:25 PM)

This sounds like a super FUN and awesome idea...I may just copy you. ;)

The Seaman Family (November 8, 2010 at 4:40 PM)

A gift wrapping party...I love it! What a great way to make fun out of a usually exhausting task!

JC's Loft (November 8, 2010 at 5:05 PM)

What a fabulous idea! You should do it...and make sure to take pics to share with us : )

PartyMom (November 9, 2010 at 1:09 PM)

That sounds like so much fun! You've found some great papers, but I must say I'm partial to that peacock print on the top!

mienkintoshfairie (November 9, 2010 at 4:21 PM)

Oh how fun! My friend is thinking about doing something like that :)

And I love this wrapping paper, I actually have tons of papers so I can wrap gifts at a moments notice!

Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair (November 10, 2010 at 2:47 AM)

Love the wrapping paper! I'm actually rubbish at wrapping but my boyfriend is brilliant - he is so neat so i outsource this task to him! ;-)

I'm thinking of making some christmas paper chains out of wrappping paper this year :-)

Rachie xo

katy (November 10, 2010 at 8:26 AM)

love love love the polka dots.

Margot Madison Creative (November 18, 2010 at 7:10 AM)

I used to do a gift wrapping party at my retail store for my customers. Having a theme is a good idea since many guests are overwhelmed by the choices. I would try to make it easier by creating the color scheme or theme and then offer gift toppers, gift tags and stickers to coordinate. I mostly kept the paper plain by purchasing the large industrial rolls of red, chocolate brown and cream. And offer lots of SPACE to wrap! It was always amazing how much room it would take up...

I'm looking forward to your pictures!