real parties: sailing away

9.02.2010

Anna of Around My Table shared this darling sailing inspired party created for her son Phillip's 3rd birthday. He loves boats and the sea so his only birthday wish was for a choco boat cake... it was granted of course, along with a beautiful display of classic nautical details.

{images via Around My Table}

Heather - Chickabug (September 2, 2010 at 10:15 AM)

Love this theme!! So classic and stylish. : )

Jenny @ Hank + Hunt (September 2, 2010 at 11:29 AM)

This is just so simple and perfect. Love the cute red and white ribbon and bold little cupcake toppers. And I agree with A Blissful Nest...THAT CAKE IS FAB!

brookie (September 2, 2010 at 12:39 PM)

I love this party. The cake is pretty do-able for most people and I love that about it. It all still looks really cool, but it seems possible. Sometimes things are so over the top, but this makes it possible. Great post

JC's Loft (September 2, 2010 at 2:01 PM)

I <3 this party...too perfect!

swankychicfete (September 2, 2010 at 3:28 PM)

i just love this. i am planning a nautical party for my boy next yr and im getting all kinds of party ideas as i can get!

Enchanted Expectations (September 2, 2010 at 4:00 PM)

I think this is such a great theme. Love the decor

Kate (September 2, 2010 at 9:10 PM)

LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Would love to feature this party in my Nautical Photo of the Week post.

nauticalbynatureblog.com

aroundmytable (September 2, 2010 at 9:22 PM)

Thank you Becca for featuring my party on your blog. What an honour! And thank you all for your kind comments!
Anna @ Around My Table

Jenn from Much to My Delight (September 3, 2010 at 7:58 AM)

What a charming party. My favorite feature is the cake and all the striped ribbons. Precious!

NINA (September 5, 2010 at 6:37 AM)

I love the boat cake, specially because I call my husband Pipo!
I'd like to invite you to visit my husband's new photography blog (finally convinced him to create one).
This is the link if you want to stop by, you're more than welcome.

My Blog: http://designsbynina.blogspot.com/