Jennifer is planning a small and sophisticated baby shower for her best friend who loves the city of San Francisco. Since I'm from the area myself, I jumped at the chance to help add some local flavor to her event...
Theme: A San Francisco Baby Soiree
- Colors: red with pink and gold accents
- Setting: an elegant luncheon shower for 10 mothers and daughters
- Decorations: use red and cream for the table settings with gold and pink accents. consider mixed bouquets for centerpieces with lush garden roses in pinks and reds. hang chinese paper lanterns in red with gold accents above the table or the desserts. consider a simple logo of the golden gate bridge for invitations and menu cards at each place setting.
- Food: simple fresh foods. for example: appetizers could include sliced sourdough baguette with artisan cheese, columbus salami, grapes. lunch could be an organic green salad with heirloom tomatoes and crab bisque, perhaps in a bread bowl. as a signature drink, consider a sparkling pomegranate champagne cocktail and call it a 'cable car'. serve chocolate or red velvet cupcakes and strawberry tarts for dessert along with a ghirardelli chocolate fountain and berries for dipping.
- Favors: cake pops wrapped and labeled with the same sf logo. these could be handmade with ghirardelli chocolate ahead of time, or they could be dipped in the fountain at the shower and put in the fridge to cool before taking home.
- Other: have the ladies wear something red in their outfit to add a bit of whimsy and style.
Row 1: golden gate bridge via snippet & ink; pink and red flowers via ms weddings; table setting and tarts via style me pretty
Row 2: cocktails via my recipes; bridge logo via the aerialist press; cake pops via hwtm; red hat via rocky mtn blog
Row 3: chocolate fountain via killer chocolate; sf neighborhoods poster via park life store; cupcake via miette; chinese lanterns via etsy
Row 4: cheese platter via mouse planet; red and white table setting via party spot