real parties: an afternoon tea baby shower

5.22.2010

At last! I'm so happy to finally have the chance to share some pictures from my afternoon baby tea shower. My friend Jen hosted this lovely event for a few friends and family at her adorable cottage-style home. Her yard was the perfect setting for a tea party, surrounded by beautiful fresh flowers and accented by clotheslines strung with baby clothes. Guests were instructed to wear their 'tea hats' for the occasion, and even painted a tiny tea set that I'm sure my daughter will enjoy immensely one day. Once everyone had arrived, we sat down to 4 kinds of tea, mini sandwiches, cookies and beautiful garden inspired cupcakes. Fortunately for me, the games were kept to a minimum... though I was required to answer a few questions about being a mom and put together a pack-n-play (surprisingly not at all easy!). We ended with gifts of course, and I felt like queen for a day sitting in my adirondack chair surrounded by friends and presents. All in all, it was incredibly lovely and relaxing afternoon.. I'm only sorry it came and went so quickly.

{images copyright BG2010}

Sandi (May 22, 2010 at 1:48 PM)

Looks like a fun day! Everything looks so great, and the red adirondak chair & striped pillow are so cute.

Save the Date for Cupcakes (May 22, 2010 at 2:27 PM)

How sweet, and what a beautiful day to be out!

Michelle (May 22, 2010 at 2:40 PM)

Everything looks so pretty! And it looks like such a gorgeous day.

Candy and Cake (May 22, 2010 at 4:30 PM)

It looks beautiful! Sounds like a lot of fun as well So happy for you, what a blessing!
Best wishes!

Candace

Susan @ Entertain Exchange (May 22, 2010 at 6:30 PM)

Sweet! I love seeing everyone in their hats.

Christi Bennett @ pisforparty (May 22, 2010 at 8:14 PM)

What a lovely party! I love the idea of painting a tea set for your daughter!!

The pack n' play "game", that is too funny. I might have to try that one one day. No kidding, that thing is hard to put together! I get a kick out of watching my husband put it together when needed.

Thanks for sharing the party!

Kate Landers Events, LLC © 2009 (May 24, 2010 at 7:50 AM)

what a lovely party, i absolutely love the setting, the clothes line, the hats, what a charming afternoon tea--just lovely! congratulations!