party inspiration board: winter wonderland

11.15.2009

My friend Natalie was looking for ideas for her son's 1st birthday in December and wasn't sure whether to use a holiday theme or a traditional birthday theme. I suggested a winter 'one-derland' party so she could get the best of both. A mix of blue, white and bronze would tie in beautifully with traditional holiday decorations, and to give the party a woodland effect add plenty of white branches, mirrors, crystals, winter critters and dust everything with a layer of faux snow. Snow globes would make fitting favors, as would treat bags filled with a variety of white chocolate sweets. And don't forget the eggnog for the grownups!

Resources
Row 1: table setting, cupcakes and branches via lolliblog; white sweets via rebecca thuss
Row 2: snowglobe via beau-coup; macaroon via please pudding; woodland critters via pottery barn
Row 3: eggnog via martha stewart; invite via barbara neely via etsy; trees via bella beach weddings
Row 4: feathers via country living; reindeer via pottery barn; sweets via beach vintage; cake via the nest

Caroline (November 15, 2009 at 7:29 PM)

I would love a party like this.... ADORABLE!!!! I am now craving some yummy eggnog and white chocolate!! xo

Enchanted Expectations (November 15, 2009 at 7:52 PM)

Love this idea and the play on words. Beautiful inspiration board.

Party Cake (December 8, 2009 at 10:11 AM)

Love it! Would have loved that theme for my winter birthday as a child!

Barbara Neely (January 13, 2010 at 7:37 AM)

Love this look!
Thanks for including my invitations.

Angel (January 13, 2010 at 8:12 AM)

Awesome board! We almost considered this for our January baby.

Oh and that invitation is by Etsy seller bndesigns. I'd recognize it anywhere...we're using her for our ladybug-themed invitations and she's stellar.

Speaking of ladybugs...any chance you're planning on doing a ladybug inspiration board?

Jennifer (September 18, 2010 at 7:34 AM)

OMG!I have been going crazy looking for themes to do my son's 1st year old party and this is exactly what I had in mind! I just don't know where to start and how long should I start getting everything started. His b-day is December 14th. Would love some advise on how to get started! I love the picture with everyhthing but would loke to see more individual things so I can get better ideas! You're awesome!